Sunday, July 31, 2011

and it goes on and on and on...

There's never a dull moment over here. I accept that this is my life, as disgusting as it can be at times. Yes, I said disgusting... that's your heads up that this may be one of those posts that leaves you gagging, but I just have to write about it. I have to try to find the humor in it. Yesterday was the start of a busy week over here. I have 4 possible 5 sessions scheduled this week, which is great, but also means some late nights editing. At dinner I decided to have a cup of coffee to help keep me going. The coffee did the trick and I was still pounding out pictures at 11pm, which I know isn't late for some of you, but on a {normal} night my bedtime is 9pm... I'm so old and boring sometimes... LOL!!! My eye lids finally started to feel heavy around midnight, so I wrapped things up and made my way to bed. As I walked in the room I was hit with the worst smell ever. Instead of waking the hubby up by turning on the lights, I grabbed a flashlight and went on a search for the stink. Our little puggers {Mattie Sue} is getting old and it's not uncommon for her to have accidents at night so I thought I knew what I was looking for. After a search of the floor and the end of the bed where she sometimes sleeps I came up empty handed. The stink was still there, but since I couldn't find anything I thought maybe a dog had bad gas and the stink would go away so I decided to just go to sleep... BIG MISTAKE!!!! As I quietly climbed into bed, {here it comes} I laid in the stink... thankfully I caught myself right away, before my head hit the big stinky pillow filled with the horrid mess, but it was still bad. I got myself cleaned up and then again grabbed the flashlight and went to work, cleaning the stinky mess. Do you know how hard it is to clean up something stinky while you're holding a flashlight in your mouth??? I do now and it isn't pretty. I finally was able to get it all cleaned up. However my side of the bed was a big wet, soapy mess from me scrubbing the stink out, so I had the privilege of spending the night on the couch. I have no idea how Jon did not wake up to the smell, and he's pretty darn lucky he didn't snuggle with my pillow {although that would have made me giggle a little... okay, A LOT} but nope this time it was all me.

Life... it just goes on and on and on... of course today is now filled with laundry, laundry and more laundry. Of course that means we are stuck inside today and that brings the screaming, fighting and sheer craziness out at our house. It's only 10:30 and I'm ready for everyone to nap already, myself included... preferably in a non-stinky room.

In the midst of the craziness and stink I do have to say that I am super thankful that I get to be home in the midst of it all. While I could totally do without the stink and the clean up that followed, it's all part of my crazy life... the life I love and wouldn't trade for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment